Baby teeth are temprory but very important to take good care of them. Tooth decay in infants and toddlers are called as NURSING BOTTLE. Strong and healthy teeth is necessary for children. They not only helps in chewing and aesthetics but also preserve place for coming permanent teeth.
REASON OF BABY TEETH DECAY
1) Most common reason is upper anterior. This occur mainly because of baby put on bed using bottle.
2) Use of pacifier.
3) Prolonged contact of teeth to starchy and sugary snacks.
4) Negligence of oral hygiene.
HOW TO PREVENT NURSING BOTTLE CARIES
1) After each feeding clean gum of babies with wet cotton cloth.
2) Brush baby teeth with grain size tooth paste until age of 3.
3) Brush baby teeth with pea sized tooth paste with baby tooth brush after 3 yrs.
4) Place only milk, breast or formula or cow milk in feeder. Avoid giving juice or sugary solution with it.
5) Use clean pacifier for baby. Don’t dip pacifier in sugar or honey.
6) Infants should finish bedtime or nap time milk before going to bed.
7) Encourage them to drink from cup.
8) Encourage healthy eating habits.