Crowding is a condition arises in tooth due to improper balance of tooth and jaw size. There is lack of space in jaw, so teeth cannot fit naturally in it.
HOW CROWDING OCCUR:
1) Teeth may be mal-positioned, rotated, displaced,
2) Dis harmony in tooth and jaw relationship
3) Larger teeth size or macrodontia
4) Premature loss of milk or primary teeth.
5) Genetic factors.
WHY CROWDING SHOULD BE CORRECTED:
1) it hampers aesthetic as crowded tooth look like mal-aligned or sometimes forwarded placed
2) difficulty in maintenance of oral hygiene like brushing, flossing that causes decaying of tooth, gum disease, bad breadth etc
HOW CROWDING IS CORRECTED
It is corrected by orthodontic measures.
a) For jaw size discrepancy we use arch expansion measures to increase size of jaw for proper arrangements of teeth
b) For bigger tooth some tooth needed to be extracted to create proper space and enhance smile design and improve aesthetic
C) Wires are placed in teeth for their proper alignment.